Balmoral

Emmessee

Balmoral Sailing Club has their Board Meeting on Monday, May 24, and they will be discussing the opporunity to have catamaran sailing at the club.

If anyone has anything to say for or against it, best to send it in an email to me prior to then so I can pass it on to the Commodore David Owen.

I think that it is a great opportunity for all catamaran sailors.

• 3 weeks later...

OK!

Balmoral have had their meeting and wish to discuss the proposal in more detail with the catamaran sailors.

I have only just got this information from David Owen and I will chat with him more about it and then set up a meeting with some of us with them.

Their main concern was whether we would sail the same course as the centreboard boats and the length of the start line. That was about it.

If you are interested in helping with this, please let Macca or myself know.

Matt

Remember, this is a great opportunity for us and opens up the harbour to use for regattas ranging from an annual weekend to national and state titles in a sensational spot where the sailors and their families can enjoy their time.

Balmoral has been approached on many occasions before, but this is the first time they have ever considered taking on catamarans.

I hope there is plenty of support out there for this venture as it could be a winner for all of us.

Have a look at their web site to get a feel for what they have to offer.

http://www.balmoralsc.com.au

Matt

Fees;

$95* {*one off joining fee) + $105 + $90 + $40 (YA) = $330, for the first year or $290 (less $40), if you already have membership with another YA affiliated club.

If you intend sailing with another club as I do it could cost a bit, for the first year anyway, although I'm not real popular at CRSC.... but then I'm probably not going to be popular racing amongst any 14ft fleet wherever I go frown.gif.

I think I'd need to know who is going to sail and on what, and how the race results are to be arrived at, before I made a decision.

I'm still keen depending on how it all pans out.

Bern

• 2 weeks later...

we don't care if you are in another club or not in a club at all at lithgow. all are welcome, we can supply a boat if you havn't got one and the cost is zero. if someone dose want to join then we are happy to accept their $80 but at the end of the day we just like to see boats on the water. no race fees on club championship days either.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived