430/F14 spi

I now have my new kite and I'm now working on setting it up. I've got most stuff sorted but I need a snuffer ring. I've elected to use a standard pole arrangement with port snuffer ring and bag under for the time being just to get the boat on the water. The kite is just on 10msq so a small ring about 200mm dia would suffice. What are my options for a. having one made. b. finding a used one in someone's junk box. c. buying a new. d. making my own or, e. something else I haven't thought of.

I'm working on a design which incorporates the snuffer ring in the pole but it's a while off and I'm keen to go sailing smile.gif

Any help will be much appreciated.

Bern

Picked one up last night. It needs some work but I'll have it fitted to the pole by the w/end. At first I thought it might be too big but thinking on it a bunched kite with three patches is going to be about the same diameter at the bunch regardless of the overall size of the sail. A bigger sail will be longer going into the snuffer rather than bigger around so I think it'll be fine. Gotta make some bushing for it to fit my 32mm pole.

Question; best material to make the sock from? I currently have one my best friend (wife smile.gif) made me from light weight tarp material. I think I'd rather something with holes, some sort of mesh maybe? Tramp material (too heavy?) shade cloth? spinnaker cloth (exy)? or something else I haven't thought of? What are the spi people useing?

Archived