Jib setup

Split Enz

Hi, just new to catamaran sailing, I have a great boat so I'm told, two times championship winning "split enz" from Lake Cargelligo. Havin heaps of fun smile.gif out on the lake.

I just got a jib from a mate, its off a windrush, it looks like it will fit okay but just wondering what the set up is with the pulleys/cleats to rig it to the boat, any diagrams/pictures etc. Any heal will be appreciated

Pointed Reply has a class regulation jib setup and will almost certainly be at Yarrawonga on the 1/2 April for Sail Inland.

So come and have a look and a sail..four races..assuming there is wind !!

I'm not sure of Windrush sail measurements but the jib bridles on Maricats are 1100mm long, the top pennant is as long as you like to get the appropriate mast rack. Blocks are mostly on the deck/tramp strip, usually with a track but some attach in the middle of the tramp. There are some good pictures of White Wave and Pointed Reply on the Koonawarra Bay Sailing Club website from the 2006 14ft regatta.

The Windy jib is less area than the mari or hobie jib and is sheeted from the front beam (midway from mast to tramp edge) up to the jib block on the sail and back down to the adjustable (fore and aft) fairlead and cleat, across the tramp to the other cleat and fairlead up to the other jib block and back down to the front beam, hope this is of some help, hope to see you and your new boat at one of the 14 regattas in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see Split Enz still going! Dad will be happy to hear about it. Slugish will hopefully be at Yarrawonga as well. Split Enz talk to some of the other boys at Lake because at least one of them has a proper jib setup.

Archived