Maricat 4.3 Wanted

BarryK1200LT

Hi All,

I'm looking for a good Maricat to buy. I sold mine a few weeks ago (in a moment of weakness)and have regretted it ever since.

I'd recently upgraded from the Maricat to a Nacra 5.2, and while the Nacra is a ball of fun, I can't rig the boat solo like I could with the Maricat, and that means I can't sail as often as I'd like too.

I'm still keeping the Nacra, and I'd like to get another Maricat (I have room for two cats). It doesn't have to be in race ready condition, but it must be in sound condition with a trailer, and I'd prefer if it had a set of beach wheels.

I sold mine for $1,250 (way to cheap I realise now). If anyone knows of a boat that will fit my requirements please contact me on 0438 641 543.

Cheers

Barry

Brisbane

Originally posted by Emmessee:

Have a look at my mast raising tips in the Nacra section. You can get the 5.2 mast up solo. It is not as hard as you think.

THe 5.2 is beautiful cat rigged but you need more mast rake.

Will do!

I had a go at setting the Nacra up solo yesterday. The point I have trouble with is the step up onto the trampoline from ground level when stepping the mast.

I will look at your mast raising tips and give them a go. If I can confidently rig the Nacra solo, I'll be a happy boy.

Cheers

Barry

hi Barry,

it helps, if ,when your boat is on the ground, you can get your mast raised on to the mast stand on your trailer, and then you don't have to struggle to step up on to the tramp with it, you can stand on the tramp and physically lift the mast in one "easy" ????? lift.

pete smile.gif

[This message has been edited by xmatelot (edited 06 February 2007).]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Barry,

I have a very good condition 4.3 with 2 sets of sails, ( new set of Kevin Flower sails with zipper jib, new sheets all round, new tramp, trapeze wires, beach rollers all on a galv trailer. I was just about to put an add in the paper let me know if you'd like me to email you some photo's. I am located in Sydney.

cheers

Samelle

Originally posted by BarryK1200LT:

Hi All,

I'm looking for a good Maricat to buy. I sold mine a few weeks ago (in a moment of weakness)and have regretted it ever since.

I'd recently upgraded from the Maricat to a Nacra 5.2, and while the Nacra is a ball of fun, I can't rig the boat solo like I could with the Maricat, and that means I can't sail as often as I'd like too.

I'm still keeping the Nacra, and I'd like to get another Maricat (I have room for two cats). It doesn't have to be in race ready condition, but it must be in sound condition with a trailer, and I'd prefer if it had a set of beach wheels.

I sold mine for $1,250 (way to cheap I realise now). If anyone knows of a boat that will fit my requirements please contact me on 0438 641 543.

Cheers

Barry

Brisbane

• 1 month later...

Archived