Std or Smart ratchets?

berny

Definatley get the smart ratchets.... Worth the extra $$$

Stay away from Holt. Ronstan will do the job fine. So will Harken but for a few more $$$

We bought one of the early batches of Ronstan Smart Ratchets and they failed after a few months, along with many others from this batch. We bought a set of Holt at short notice at theevent where our Ronstan blocks failed, and the Holt failed first race.

Ronstan replaced our old ones with the new batch (they new about the problem) and for the next few years they were faultless. Our Capricorn came factory with Holt last year and the also failed at our first regatta. Goodall replaced them free of charge with Ronstan units and after 12 months, they have also been faultless.

NOTE - Recomended to wash out all smart blocks with fresh water after each use.

• 3 weeks later...

Harken Smart Ratchets all the way. The only non sponsored stuff Bundy runs on his T is Harken Smart Ratchets or so was the case last year.

I had them on the Hobie 16 with Spi as standard and they worked a dream.

I inherited Steve's Ronstan Smart Ratchets and they are needless to say lacking in every department compared with Harken Smart Ratches.

At around $130 a block they are worth it when your out in 20+ knots or even in light winds.

Originally posted by TornadoSport260:

I inherited Steve's Ronstan Smart Ratchets and they are needless to say lacking in every department compared with Harken Smart Ratches.

B]

????... I never had a problem with them and don't realy find any difference between them and the Harken blocks. Make sure ALL smart blocks are washed out with fresh water after each use and correctly adjusted

Archived