Mannering Park Regatta

gary

Good luck with your sausage course. The 16' & 18' boats will give you abuse like I got for getting at the mark the same time as them. You call bouy room and they tell you to have set and travel. We asked for a triangle and got a sausage. I'll stick to the 14' compertition where we are all equal.

Not my weekend, Everone flogged me. great performance by the juniors. Bundock certainly showed why his has the repretation of being a winner. Brewin also showed why he is a world champ. They both said it was great to jump on a Maricat and enjoyed the boat. The compertition between the Arrows, Windies, Hobies, Paper Tigers and Maricats was very close. A great series. Well done Mannering Park. A great regatta.

Thanks to the crew from Mannering Park for a great regatta as usual and I'm looking forward to their Australia Day Regatta in January.

It was my first sail on an Arrow Cat and I didn't do very well, thanks Gary and Nick for lending me a boat for the weekend. I'll be back next year if I can borrow a 14 footer. I can't wait to get back on my 5.8 this weekend.

On Sunday Mark Phillips shot some footage of the Regatta and interviews with Darren and Steve and compiled it in to a 5 minute video. The video can be viewed at the link below.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WIFHPXbiaGc

[This message has been edited by GRACELAND1216 (edited 15 October 2008).]

The weekend was great, the s/sloops would have liked more wind, we can't have everything. Next year, the windies will all be off the koonawara y/stick (includes foamies), any older (non foam, pre bulkhead0 boats will be given 3-5 mins (depending on their sails). Hoped to see a bigger rollup next year.

Archived