hull ID numbers on a 4.3

delerium

hi all,

Ive had a 4.3 for a year or so and it has an a class rig and a jib set up, so i havent got any idea of what sail number or hull numbers it has i read on here that i need to remove the front beam to find out the number will i need to take the tramp off to do that?

The boat came from Townsville as far as i no, it has white lower hulls and black decks and an alloy a class rig, unless its just got a cut down sail which i don't think it does...

any help or advice woule be much appreciated cheers

Its the condition that counts. It can be a mk1 or mk2 - the rear beam - traveller track is combined in the mk2 plus the boom has a big track the whole length.

otherwise, if it's in good nick and it doesn't have a lot of repaired damage then it'd be ok.

Darcy showed me one today which had been moored!! but with a lot of elbow grease he'd brought it up real nice.

it has an a class rig and sail on it so boom and sail numbers cant help unfortunantly... but the track is on the behind the rear beam. so i can assume its a mk1. when was the mark 2 started? it has a fair few repairs but it does alright when it actually blows out here.

Your boat is probably 20+ yrs, the early mk 1 had alloy castings on the hull for side stay attachment, the later mk1 and mk2 have stainless plate attachment points. If yours is the early mk1 you should replace the dolphin striker attachment straps with heavier stainless straps, (The early straps were to light and broke regularly causing both front and rear beams to break). The dolphin striker is critical on Maris, even more so with an A class rig. Good luck. Darcy (02)43591729

Archived