Prices of jib & tramp

Clint

Clint, where are you? what are you going to use the boat for(race or play)(1up or 2). If you are sailing on your own and under 100k you dont need the jib. Mari, Hobie and Corsair jibs will fit if not racing, Tasar possibly. If you intend to race get in touch with Mick (Humungous). Good luck, Darcy.

I'm in Brisbane and will be racing occasionally but the local Humpybong Yacht Club doesn't have many Maricats to compete against.

I will be sailing mostly one up but still want a jib to hopefully help make tacking a bit easier. At the moment I have to do three point turns to get around.

I had the same problem, trick is (I think) flatten the main a heap (outhaul, downhaul to bend the mast therefore flatten the sail), not too much out on the traveller, get going fast then gently but firmly push the tiller over. As you slow down you push harder. Some stay on the leeward side until the sail fills. As the sail fills and the battens pop straighten the tillers otherwise drag will prevent you picking up speed.

I solved my problems with a new sail but that might be over capitalising!

Archived