Mystere 4.3

Emmessee

Is there any talk of anyone manufacturing this little boat in Austalia???

I sailed on about 2 years ago in Canada and they are sensational boats and very quick for thier size.

It is just a shame that in Australia we hardly get any of the new classes here.

Europe has to be the place for the best choice of all boats in the world, but I did like the Mystere quite a bit.

Don't you think we have enough classes at the moment ?

We are having problems getting enough boats at one event to fill one class without bringing in another class.

I am sure that you could count at least 20 differing classes today and we do not have the population base that Europe has.

And I don't think the Mystere is much of a boat anyway compared with modern cats. It's just another old tech. 14 really from what I can see. No dagger boards, tear drop mast section, an ordinary mainsail makeup and heavy as.

I have to agree with Andrew in that we already have more than enough classes here, particularly 14ftrs. frown.gif

Bern

• 2 weeks later...

I do not disagree, and I see your point, but we are lacking a, what Bern calls, modern cat.

Besides his 430, we are mostly sailing boats that were built 15 years plus old.

When did the last Maricat come off the production line, or Hobie 14 or Windrush???

I am not saying these are not good boats because they are great, but I look forward to see what comes out of the minds of the designers for a new F14.

The Tora 4.3 (I think it is the Alpha Omega update) will be interesting, and Nacra are already working on an F14 for the Australian market, and there is a rumour of Hobie looking at it and already have a prototype.

Once these hit the water, will a Windrush still be a desirable boat? I think it will be, price based especially as a new F14 would be about 12K I am guessing.

Even though the Hobie, Maricat and Windrush are 'good boats' they are old tech., 20+ y/o tech., at that. I've been trying to fire up interest in 14's for years and no body was interested. It's good to see that finally there's talk at least.

Mat, where did you hear about the Nacra and H/F14?

Bern

Archived