What to get

lzv10x

OK need some advice, have just sold my mono-hull and am looking to get into one up cats, I have been sailing only 3 years in mono and have a limited budget $2000 max, I weigh 90 kg ( give or take a few kg ). At present am looking at a windrush with brand new mylor sails for $1700. Boat has been looked after as it belongs to someone from my local sailing club. My question is will this boat get my adrelin going for the next few years while i learn new techniques.I sail every weekend and some mornings in Adelaide.

Boats are easy to come by.. What you should be looking at is the group of people at the club that sail your type of boat.

To me it's great to go sailing, but it's equally enjoyable to have a group of people to enjoy a few drinks with after the race.

Thanks for the advice Mozzy it helps tp make a decision if you know you're getting a bargain.I also checked out the boats for sail from tornado but most of them involve alot of travel ( dosent seem to be alot of choice in Adelaide ).

Tom you're right, if I purchase the windrush there will be 3 at the club plus my crewman on the mono will be looking to purchase a boat ( might be able to talk him into a cat ).

lzv10x,

You'll certainly get the rush from a Windrush and at 90kgs you'll be about average weight.

2nd place in the last nationals went to my dad who was 92kgs at the time and it was a light-medium wind regatta.

A windrush will do 15-18knts hull speed with plenty of spray, you can submerge the entire platform and still keep it upright.

A good fun boat that is fast and forgiving whilst not being complicated.

And as Mozzy said with new mylar sails for $1700 it is a bargin. for the sails alone.

No neither boat will be going over this year. Just a quick update I purchased the windrush and had my first race this weekend and was very happy with the boat even though the wind was only 3-4 knots.

Again thanks for all of your advice

Archived