Lake Cootharaba Newsletter

meatballs

Just a section of there newsletter about the campers who pitched their tents in the wrong place...

On the down side, a number of local residents did approach our members regarding some of the visiting sailors and the public sites where they chose to set up their camps. Members of the club executive have spoken with these visitors about the issue and the poor reflection it places on our club. Noosa Council officers were also present over the weekend and were fining some of these campers. It is hoped that in our upcoming events that this issue will not rise again, however, we have indicated that WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ENTRIES from visiting sailors who create such a disturbance within the community. Thanks to the ladies, who took it upon themselves to clean up the rubbish that had been dumped on the foreshore across from where these camps had been set up.

Whilst i wasn't there, I am planning to be for the November (is it the King of the Lake?) regatta. Pity that a small minority can cause a bad reflection for the responsible majority...?

I've been wondering about this for a while. Is there a map available that shows the visitors exactly where they can camp?

Thanks & Regards,

Leroy wink.gif

I don't know about any map but you can camp in the Council Camping grounds down the other end of Boreen Point They have power and unpowered sites .. Clean showers and toilets

Phone No:54853244

Not sure if they are up and running again yet since August floods They had the permanant vans floating around the lake

Archived