Fibreglass repairs for my cat?

Hey all, after the helpful comments I got about good places to sail, I thought I would put this question out here too :)

I had a smallish tree branch land on my cat last week, it left impact cracks on the gelcoat. I will try to post a picture up tomorrow, but I was wondering if there is someone in Sydney who repairs this sort of thing. It may be covered by the council's insurance (nature strip tree). I will need to get a quote, and don't want my cat damaged.

Thanks,

Dave

A picture would indeed be most helpful, it may only be the gelcoat that has fractured (depending on size of branch). On another note was your boat parked on the nature strip or on your property? If on nature strip the council could and probable would argue that were illegally parked and fine you and not repair your boat under there insurance.

just a thought to bear in mind .... Harry

Thanks for the replies fellas. It was parked on the street, so since it is a reg. trailer I think it should be fine legal wise. I rang the council and they said to get a quote and then they would submit the claim.

I will try to get a pic tomorrow, but it seems to be surface cracking, it wasn't that big a branch, but I'd rather not have cracks at all where there were none, especially if council will pay for the fix :)

Dave

Archived