Looking for a Hobie 16

freedom62

Hi guys, I have just bought a Nacra 5.8 so I can get back into fun sailing with my 13 year old daughter & her friends but it is way too heavy for us to assemble. I am going to sell this on & look at the Hobie 16 (or similar) as they look a lot lighter but still offer the double trapeeze etc. I have done a fair bit of sailing & racing 420 mono's in my time but not much experience with cats bad experience witha windrush!!). Does anyone know of any for sale pref in QLD under $4,000? Any clues into raising the mast with winches? I had to set one up for the Nacra which ened up working well - is the Hobie mast still really heavy to require a similar strategy? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks Fiona

Hi Fiona.

I am thinking of selling my 16, it will be in your price range. Boat is approx 15 years old. All gear is in good codition, good trailer with 5 months QLD rego. Dry hulls, good sails, great rigging. I am selling to buy a smaller 1 up boat. I am in the process of fitting a small 4000lb winch to aid lifting the mast by myself but with two people it is manageable.

oh yeah, I haven't nosedived this boat (yet). Still get a great buzz, very fast boat,flying a hull and hanging off the traps, just need to be a little careful.

Archived