Beach wheels wanted

9 LIVES

Hi,

Thanks for this forum. I am looking for large plastic beach wheels for our 1980's Maricat 4.3 Mk 1. New ones are beyond us at present. We are travelling between Bega and Newcastle via Sydney in the next 2-3 weeks if anyone can offer us a lead? We could also travel via Canberra if needed.

Many thanks

I a set of inflatable wheels for sale, brand new never been used. They have torlon bearings so can be run in water and sand and then hosed out and not rust or seize. The tyres are about 16" in diameter and run about 3psi pressure so will roll over anything. The axle diameter is 1" and before anyone posts that this is too small let me say that I carried my Hobie Getaway on this same setup for two years and never had a problem, just to remind you a Hobie Getaway tips the scales at 177kg or 390lbs. in the old currency, so your lightweight flyers will have no problems either. Mine have been in the weather now for over four years.

Price is $440 a pair and you have the local engineering shop make you an axle. Pictures can be emailed if interested.

Can post at your cost or you can pick up from Nowra on the South Coast. ph. 0408 975028

Harry

Strange response, you want wheels ... I have wheels ... but they are not what you are looking for, and you have never seen them.

I was being polite Harry

(I thought this forum was meant to be friendly and supportive)?

I'm looking for PLASTIC (not inflatable) and REASONABLY priced (not $440 for wheels only).

Below is what I am looking for ...and I can buy them new and complete for only $20 more than your wheels alone.

But I can't afford them at present...they are for my 12 year old daughter and friends who we are trying to support with her sailing interest.

http://www.sailingscene.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=tpflypage.tpl&product_id=426&category_id=38&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

Any other leads appreciated, cheers

• 2 months later...

I have a set of plastic beach wheels for a catamaran sale at Maroochydore.

Theyn are in good working order. The wheels are black roll-a-cat wheels. The keel supports are fibreglass with rubber cushions. The axle and bearings are in good condition. Price $200. Phone Maroochydore Qld 0754796111

Hi,

Thanks for this forum. I am looking for large plastic beach wheels for our 1980's Maricat 4.3 Mk 1. New ones are beyond us at present. We are travelling between Bega and Newcastle via Sydney in the next 2-3 weeks if anyone can offer us a lead? We could also travel via Canberra if needed.

Many thanks

Archived