rudder lever clip

mk1991

OK 2 photos. the white boat is my recent boat setup. the blue boat is a Mk1, this setup is good for being able to raise and lower the leward rudders from the windward side of the boat, but it tends to cause the rudders to go full over if you let go of them. I have found the aluminum cleats are better as the plastic ones tend to wear out over time. The springs are stainless tension springs from a runabout steering system (bias boating part No.6261). The big rubber O rings playing the part of shock absorber on the blue boat are out of hydraulic cylinders.

Cheers Phil

post-6864-13778265453041_thumb.jpg

post-6864-13778265453627_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Lock the rope under the nut on one side of the lever' date=' holds it well. I made some clips for the Hydra out of stainless (same system), but it was a lot of faffing about.[/quote']

Be warned I recently bought a 4.3 and found the previous owner had taken this advice, when the rudder struck whatever it busted the transom where the rudder attaches. not too simple to fix. Buy the correct clips from Mike.

• 1 month later...

Hi I had the same problem when I first got my Maricat .I was buying some D shackles at the local boat shop and spotted some plastic rod holders,very cheap.Fitted two and they did the job.Now carry two spares all the time.Hope this helps in case you break any clips.Cheers David

Archived