MK1 Jib rigging?

amsshaw

G'day All,

Just wondering about jib set up.

My MK1 came with a jib and I need to set it up as Ive only sailed it once and that when cat rig. The old W14 I had years ago used a jib furer and was set up all the time and I cant remeber how it was set up.

The jib with this boat has a cable with swagged ends with small dia line either end and its a non batton dacron jib

Im guessing I would need to take the forestay off and replace with the jib. I laid the jib out when I fist sailed it but it looked a tad short but I guess I wont know until I put it up, I might just need to play with the mast rake again.

Also in my old boat I had a double block on the jib for the lines and we rigged the line to the trap and main beam, is that still done?

when I get home from work I will check the length of the jib stay compared to the fore stay and see if we are short or not....

Im getting keen to get out again as I now have a trap harness......

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew, you will probably find the jib forestay about 3" shorter, this difference is made up with the furler, otherwise use an adjuster or 4/5 wraps of 3mm spectra. Jib sheet is knotted through tramp then to blocks on jib clue, back to block on hull, across to other hull block, to block on jib clue and back through tramp and knotted.

Archived