Windrush Rigging Help

sailorboy9000

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, I've been sailing for years but I just bought my first catamaran.

I have an older wind rush but seem to be missing any standing rigging adjustment. I have the front bridle that is attached to the furling jib, but I also have the two separate front stays. I see where i would attach the two front stay adjustments, could someone possibly send me a picture or a link of what it looks like. I have also seen where people do away with that system altogether, and could someone tell me the specifics of that.

Thanks for reading

The old windies had fixed length stays with twin clips attaching to the hull, rig tension was supplied by cords attached to the forestays then to cleats on the outboard end of the front beam, simple and works well if you are not racing. For sloop rig, attach bridle and jib to bows and mast, stand mast from front, attach 1 side stay, and use main halliard or trap wire tension to attach other side. My ph 02 43591729. Michael (Tornado Sport) is the gun for Windy advice.

Archived