first port phillip bay sail of spring

Sunday was quite a nice day here in Melbourne, so I took this rare opportunity to take the cat out for it's first sail since last summer.

Went for a cruise from Brighton up past St Kilda, and back. The trip there was cruisy, but it was abit of a struggle getting back, as the wind was coming from that direction (and i'm still a noob) - the missus wasn't too happy, but we got back in the end :) Looks like i've still got alot of learning to do! I saw one other cat out there, with nice colourful sails - was that anyone from this forum?

Hey does anyone know what the rules are about landing beach cats on the beaches there, st kilda etc.? Was wondering if it's ok to beach it and have lunch

beach landing

Sunday was quite a nice day here in Melbourne, so I took this rare opportunity to take the cat out for it's first sail since last summer.

Went for a cruise from Brighton up past St Kilda, and back. The trip there was cruisy, but it was abit of a struggle getting back, as the wind was coming from that direction (and i'm still a noob) - the missus wasn't too happy, but we got back in the end :) Looks like i've still got alot of learning to do! I saw one other cat out there, with nice colourful sails - was that anyone from this forum?

Hey does anyone know what the rules are about landing beach cats on the beaches there, st kilda etc.? Was wondering if it's ok to beach it and have lunch

its ok to land on any beaches unless signed other wise.....the only place that I know of in the bay that has a sign is Williamstown beach

A tip is go to windward when you start a day's sail so that coming home is downhill and you don't have to pull tack after tack to get back to the launching point. It makes the return journey a lot easier especially if you are tired from a long day out on the water.

• 2 months later...

Archived