Sloop rigged making a come back

humungus2

Way back, (Rod was sailing the original Pointed Rep with his eldest) Before Foam (BF), a few Manno sailors using junior skippers competed in Nationals, these juniors (Jason Kakato, Justin Turvey and Chris Blackford) all gained from this mentoring and almost immediate gains in confidence and skill were obvious, I would like to see the Sloop Rig class, at state and national level, go back to development of juniors with father/son and junior/senior (Pref with junior skippers). This may well be a way to rejuvenate the class and 14s in general.

I agree with Darcy, That is what we are trying to do at CRSC by getting the parent/child combo back as a class. At CRSC we have up to 7 cats sailing sloop (4-5 very regular) which I think is excellent for the 14 foot cats as this is where the next generation of sailors is formed. Next season we will have a few boats sailing in the morning with juniors as skippers and parents as crew and when the confidence and experience builds we will put 2 juniors on a boat as crew and skipper and each week swap them between crew and skipper so they get the whole range of experience.

By the way what is all this spam??

Archived