No Calypso Yardsticks 2013-2014?

I was just looking at the 2013-2014 VYC Yardsticks and noticed that there are no Calypsos even listed anywhere in the document...They're in there every other year up until now. Why do they take boats out? Is it because none have entered an official race over the last year or something? I feel a bit limited with regard to the events I can compete in in the future if there's no official Calypso 16 Yardstick anymore...

http://www.vic.yachting.org.au/site/yachting/vic/downloads/2013/YV%20-%20Cat%20Yardsticks13_14%20v1%200.pdf

G'day Robbie they have changed the system and lost a few boats like the Yvonne's etc if you contact the yardstick link they should get a handicap in. It should be easy as they seem to be doing it from measurement not races so perhaps send a full list of the specs to them with your enquiry also point out that you have attended all of the Milang yacht club races this year. If you get serious about a yardstick perhaps encourage other calypsos to race in the victor harbour catamaran yardstick challenge that's coming up that is going to try and get some useful info on the handicaps

Regards Jeff

Archived