Yardsticks

john

Does anyone have any info on the y/s applying to an F18?

VYC show Nacra 5.8s/Nacra F18 and Hobie Tiger all on 70. But is there any change to this when the N18 and Tiger are sailed free of class restictions and use sails etc from other sources?

Agreed, if a NF18 or a tiger deviates from thier class rules, all it means is that they are no longer eligable to compete as tiger or nacra class, but as long as they still comply to the f18 standard, then the vyc remains unchanged.

One thing I did find interesting was the elapsed times from this years nacra nationals, but the nacra 5.8spin was consistantly 1-3mins faster than the f-18 (fastest boat to fastest boat) and about 2-3 mins faster than the 5.8 without spin. I have no idea what the course was like, or conditions, maybe Andrew could tell us more.

The Nacra 5.8 sailed different courses and number of laps vs the F18. The 5.8 are still faster in some conditions than the F18 and in my opinion it is only when the wind picks up that the F18 is faster.

Most of the races were sailed in very light conditions.

Darren,

Are you coming to Lake Cootharabah for the Nationals ?

I am sure that a boat could be organised for you if you cannot get yours up here.

Andrew

Archived