Jervis Bay / Vincentia Sailing Club

whollsee

Hiya- I will find myself in Vincentia for a week in mid March for a much needed break with the GF and was gonna take the H14 down with us to tool around the bay, beach hop, get some decent line and length, hopefully smack my skills up and tune the boat a bit. Only been Syd Harbour lately and it's a little frustrating.  Anyway, from some cursory research it looks like the place to launch is at Plantation Point near the VSC. If that is the case is it possible to leave the boat rigged on the beach there over my stay? Would really save me a lot of grief so if anyone on here is a member of the club or just knows the area well would really be grateful for any info. Cheers, Whollsee.

Hi mate.

No worries about leaving your boat on the beach at plantation point, plenty of room to pull it up on the dunes. You might want to bring a set of beach wheels with you as at low tide it can be around 30 meters to the water. The Vincentia sailing club run on most Sundays with their fleet of Hobie sixteen's or you can just sail around the whole bay like I do in my Maricat.

Bring your camera the you as there is plenty of dolphins around.

Check out my video on Youtube "Sailing Cool Bananas"

Hope this info helps

Cheers

Scotti

Great. Much appreciate the info Scotti. Big help. Got the wheels so not a problem. Hey that vid is really good and a classic bit of '"yacht rock" to top it off. Nice looking Mari too. Only thing missing was a rainbow! I'll definitely take my cameras.  Are you based down there? If you are I am more than a little envious. 

Can't wait.

Cheers,

Whollsee

Yes mate. I am lucky enough to live here. Its a magic place to live. I try to sail a couple of times a week, last week it was 4 days sailing out of 5.

Hope you enjoy your holidays and i might see you on the water.

Just got off the water after watching the first heat of the Hobie 16 ft world Champions, unfortunately its been put on wind hold due to it blowing over 60kph.

Cheers

Scotti

Archived