Anywhere to sail a catarmaran near Urunga, NSW?

BlueMoon

Hi, im going on holiday to Urunga, NSW mid nth coast, would like to take the cat' & asking if there is anywhere near there that I (being a novice cat sailor, with kids) could sail it, have looked on google earth & didn't see any bodies of water that looked suitable myself, cheers

The river has always looked inviting when when ever we drive past it, don't know the depth, but upriver from the traffic bridge, would seem like a nice place to go for a blast up and down, depending on where you can launch from.  I seem to recall the river at Raleigh was fairly inviting looking too, I think they used to be able to get ocean going steamers up to the dairy factory, before the mouth of the Bellinger/Kalang river shoaled up.

There is a sailing club at Urunga and they race on the river there once a fortnight. Other people also sail there independently of the Club. The sailing is restricted by the width and depth of the river, but it is not too bad if you are used to those sort of confined conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived