Mk1 and Mk2 Maris from $600. All parts from $10, Hulls, beams, Beach rollers

darcy1945

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi darcy its Andrew here from Toowoomba mate thanks for the main sail and fuller you sent me hey quick question have you any trapeze setups! Plus can you send me a photo of how the rubber/bungee cord is rigged to the rudder and works with the lever in back of maricat my email again is kelandconway@optusnet.com.au or mobile 0435536848. Thanks for everything Andrew

Trap wires, complete, $50.

The bungee (buy 2m of 8/10mm) is fed through the hole in the underside of the tiller arm,

when it exits the back end if the tiller arm, it is pushed through the hole in the back of the rudder and knotted, (Mk 1, it is secured to the stainless strap glassed into the rudder)

Tension is by adjusting the knot in the front underside of the tiller arm.

I discovered that I couldn't push the bungy through the tiller until I realised that someone had repaired a broken tiller with a piece of broomstick!  Luckily Darcy had a spare (as he always does).

If you look where Phils bungy comes out, I couldn't get mine to thread so I just took it all the way to the front of the tiller tube and pushed it through a piece of 25mm ag pipe just as a stopper.  Quite useful when the bungy gets a bit tired because you can just pull on the stopper and up the rudder pops.

• 4 months later...

I just spent another 1k on new parts for stock to keep the Maricats on the water. Support your NSW dealer so he can keep sailing. For a parts price list, just email maricat@bigpond.com. I will even send send one to Darcy so he can keep up with the prices. Only 2 new masts left before mega bucks are spent to order another 50 more.

• 2 months later...

Archived