Koonawarra Bay 14ft Catamaran Regatta

Dave

G'day all,

The 2009 Koonawarra Bay 14ft Catamaran Regatta will be held on the weekend of 14th & 15th February.

Koonawarra Bay Sailing Club is located on Lake Illawarra, at the very eastern end of Kanahooka Road, Dapto, about 15 minutes south of Wollongong, NSW.

There is a flyer on the club's website at www.koonawarrabaysc.org.au , where you can also download a PDF version.

Also on the website are directions to the club, a list of local accommodation, and the Koonawarra Bay Yardsticks for 14ft catamarans. The direct link to the accommodation information is www.koonawarrabaysc.org.au/accommodation.htm .

>>> Please note that the yardsticks for the Maricat are currently under review. We are analysing regatta results where the new foam sandwich boats have been competing and we will adjust the yardstick for these as appropriate.

If anyone needs any further information about the event, you can contact me on the numbers listed on the flyer or you can post the questions here and I will reply.

This will be the 16th running of this regatta. We really hope you can be a part of this great event.

Regards,

Dave Stumbles

Koonawarra Bay SC

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder that this regatta is now less than three weeks away. Looks like there will be a good turn out of Windrushes, as this will be their State Titles. Also sounds like plenty of Maricats planning to attend. Numerous Paper Tigers are also expected, as Koonawarra Bay will be hosting their International Championships over Easter, so this will be ideal preparation for them (see the event website at http://internationals2009.papertigercatamaran.org/).

So, don't miss out on what should be an excellent regatta.

Regards,

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Only two days to go! Indications are that there will be quite a strong fleet, so don't miss out on being part of the action!

Please call me if you have any questions about the regatta.

I hope to see you there.....

Regards,

Dave Stumbles

Regatta Coordinator

Koonawarra Bay SC

0400 476 449

Great turn out with 24 14ft cats taking to the water over the 2 days. Paper Tigers, Windrush 14's & Maricat's.

Plenty of different wind strengths to suit all (1 race with 4knts to 20knts+ & sunshine to torrential rain...).

Thanks again to Koonawarra Bay SC for holding the regatta, it has a proud history and its good to see the club & regatta still going.

Results are on the koonawarra bay sc website.

Archived