New to Nacra

Denis Lemek

I recently purchased a 1987 5.0. This nacra is very tired;However worth the effort to get it into sailable condition. I cannot find a manual for this 5.0. On the immediate need is for the proper sheets.Sheets for the main and jib. Can anyone reply with the recommend weight,size,length,needed for main,jib and furling jib. The blocks are a four roller,four upper and four lower.I am sure there is another way to describe the blocks.If anyone should have sails to sell or sheets that are in fair to great condition,I may be interested.I am also in need of trapeze harnesses. Feel free to contact me by phone USA New York 516-521-6750 Many thanks for your reply

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0680.JPG

Welcome to the Nacra family, if you can sail the boat as is, have a sail and see if the (ropes) sheets are a comfortable length for you, if they are just take them off the boat and measure them. After that you can give your local Nacra dealer or boat chandlery a call and have them sent to you.

goosemarine.com.au has a download section with a spare parts list for your boat, would be well worth talking to Goose he's a wealth of knowledge especially Nacra and would have the bits in a pack and on its way to you in no time

• 1 month later...

Before you use it, I would take all the ropes and blocks off, soak them in a bucket of water with fabric softener and washing powder in it for a week, giving the gear a swirl in the bucket every time you go past, replace the mix when you think the water is too dirty, I would change it every day, then thoroughly rinse it all many times with fresh water to get the crap and detergent out, that will extend the life of the bearings in your blocks. I do this every month on my boat to extend the life of the blocks

Archived