Maricat 4.3 Sweet 16 For Sale - SOLD

Maricat 4.3 Sweet 16  $1750
The earliest example of a 14ft Maricat still sailing and a tribute to the fibreglasser's skill.
Sweet 16 has been extensively upgraded and refurbished.  Some years ago the deck and hulls were split and 'cleaned out' (please see the 'inside' pic - I'd lost the sponge!)  There are inspection ports in the rear deck.
A characteristic of this boat is that the bows are narrower than the current standard boats.  Rumour has it that she'll nosedive but I've never done that - something to watch for with any Maricat!  There is also a rumour that she is down to weight although I think that might have been a while ago and she's had a couple of repairs since then.

583f8c92825ed_DSC_0205(Small).JPG.22e315
She has a Mk 2 rear beam with integral track.
Other items:
- Redhead sail
- Six bearing traveller
- Adjustable outhaul
- Ronstan downhaul - cleats on both sides of the mast (adjust downhaul while hiking)
- Restitched tramp with new bolt ropes
- Renovated rudders - virtually no play
- Adjustable rudder cross bar
- CL257 self release Clam cleats (will release the rudder if you hit the bottom).

Trailer - built like a brick S****House registered to July 17
- 13" wheels - tyres excellent
- New bearings
- LED lights
- Large diameter jockey wheel.
- New ball hitch

Trolley - as shown in pics.  Includes new inner tubes (about a year ago)
Sailbox - has a hinge near the back.  Base is good, lid is quite tatty but it's functional

She has an exeptional racing record, particularly in the hands of a previous junior owner who thrashed the top Maricat sailor in the recent Mannering Park Memorial Regatta (until a late capsize!).

I've done well too, I'm a light weather person and we won the Budgewoi Mad May regatta against the top 14ft sailors (Mari, PT), also got second in class at the Toukley Brass Monkey.

Sorry about the pic, is the right way up on my computer!  Can send more if required or see my Gumtree ad.

• 1 month later...

Archived