Arafura Cadet for sale

Frida (Arafura Cadet catamaran) is for sale!

The Arafura Cadet is a 11' catamaran designed as a training boat for teenagers. It was designed in the 1950's in Darwin by Neil Fowler (Mosquito, Arrow).

I bought the boat about five years ago and took a couple of years to completely rebuild it. The only things left from the boat as I bought it are the hulls, centreboard, rudders, rudder boxes and trampoline.

I stripped the hulls back to bare timber, repaired and repainted them. The trampoline is in excellent condition. The timber rudders and centreboard are in very good condition. The aluminium rudder boxes are in excellent condition.

New beams, rigging, ropes, hardware and sails. New Goodall square top sail and jib are basically in as new condition.

The rebuilt boat has only sailed about 10 races. All in light conditions.

There are heaps of photos of Frida on the AC Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/ArafuraCadet) - look for the ‘Frida January 2018’ and ‘Arafura Cadet 738’ albums.

Comes with lightweight beach trolley.

No trailer - but the AC fits easily on a 6x4 box trailer or roof racks.

Sailing gear to suit teenager (used) also available by negotiation: Zhik T3 trapeze harness, Zhik HiVis PFD, Ronstan wetsuit pants, Ronstan Smock, Ronstan Wetsuit top, Mid layer, gloves, boots, hat, safety knife, waterproof gear bag.

Located in Geelong, Victoria. Can help with some transport in Victoria.

$1,200

Matthew Dawson
0428 three one one 926