Windrush 14 Mast fittings

Salty Nomad

I have just bought an older Windrush 14 with the fore stays. I'm going over her and replacing the rigging where required. Does anyone have any photos of the shroud fittings? These were fastened by a bolt through the mast to hold both of them. On removing these I found another hole drilled underneath and covered in silicon.

I'd like to replace these with the correct fitting or get one made but don't know what it should look like.

Also what size and type of rope is the main halyard?

20200121_202845.jpg

Hi, everything should go to the one fitting. Mine is a single forestay setup. A bow shackle will accomodate the 2 rear stays, and 2 fwd stays (or 1 single stay) 

Space down the jib top swivel with a long shake to give you a bit more room. It's a busy cluster..

The mast won't rotate properly otherwise.

Some guys also run trapeze from here, Mine are on another tang 400mm further up.

0A512069-8041-4D93-A915-00715250569E.jpeg

Thank you @darcy1945 and @Rotech for the replies.

I'll set up the jib,forestays and shrouds as in your picture.

Thanks also @darcy1945 for the offer of the parts. Are you in NZ? I just went to try out the jib fittings and tore the top of the fabric. looks really sun damaged. I could use a second-hand jib I reckon. 

Or can you get these cheapish out of China or Hong Kong?

Cheers, Rob

Thanks for the replies. I'm getting new forestays this weekend. I took my old jib and main sail to the sail maker to see if they could be salvaged. The main is marginal, but the jib cannot. The replacement cost and repairs was quite a bit more than the price of the boat. So I thought I'd have a look at Hong Kong sail makers. 

Are there sail dimensions available somewhere? I can measure my sails but they are probably stretched a bit.

Cheers, Rob