Windrush fleets in the Geelong area

ManniP

Hello. I am considering which class of catamaran to launch my return to off the beach sailing with. Can anyone give me an indication of which clubs sail Windrush 14s in the Geelong region. Also, at 95 kgs, am I too heavy for one of these or should I be considering something bigger. I should also stress I am looking for a solo crew proposition. Thanks

On 8/31/2020 at 7:52 AM, darcy1945 said:

Good cheap racing , tough with few known faults. A bit more expense, for more performance is the Taipan. Both will carry your 95kg comfortably in "Cat" rig, solo sailing, on trapeze for the Taipan.

Thanks mate. This is encouraging. Can you tell me which club in the Geelong/Bellarine area have a fleet of these?

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2020 at 7:12 AM, ManniP said:

Hello. I am considering which class of catamaran to launch my return to off the beach sailing with. Can anyone give me an indication of which clubs sail Windrush 14s in the Geelong region. Also, at 95 kgs, am I too heavy for one of these or should I be considering something bigger. I should also stress I am looking for a solo crew proposition. Thanks

Hi Manni

Have you decided to buy (or have bought) a Windrush 14?  I have one at Anglesea, c/w trailer.  It's in reasonable to good condition.  It's sloop rigged and I have a spare mainsail, hulls, tramp frame and tramp (all in worn condition).  I've sailed cats for 30+ years but health issues mean that I'm no longer able.

BTW I've seen Windrush cats at Portarlington, St Leonards and Indented Heads.  They probably race in season on handicap against other cats.  I've sailed mine solo off Pt Roadknight at Anglesea a couple of times, in races with The Anglesea Motor Yacht Squadron which comprises about 6-8 Hobies.

Contact me on this forum if you want to discuss.

Cheers

Bruce Golder

• 9 months later...