Hobie Turbo 14 Age/Year?

jezzaqld

REposting here as was on 14ft section.

Apologies as I know there's a lot of posts on this subject but i cant find the info I'm after.
I have a H14 turbo that I'm doing up with a number on the transom 5307 on both hulls.
Wondering what these numbers mean please.
I think the boat is from 1985-94 but hoping these numbers will clear that up?
Thank you
Jez

IMG_0321.jpg.8d66d5b3e2e2ca8eed48e3390946e684.jpg

• 6 months later...

Just joined ten minutes ago - I had a 1986 turbo with hull number 42** stamped in pylon. Fitting that attached to bridle had single bolt like on a H16. Black rudders. Tillers had no up bend. Jib ran through blocks attached to wire between chain plates, not to front beam. Furler was small not big one (had an early 1980's hobie that had the fatter hobie furler). Cast dolphin striker. Sail number 42**** where late 1980's. 5***** plus where early 1990s. Can tell from magazine pictures of boats sail numbers era.  The numbers casting look early 1990s based on what H16 look like.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aus661 nacra said:

Just joined ten minutes ago - I had a 1986 turbo with hull number 42** stamped in pylon. Fitting that attached to bridle had single bolt like on a H16. Black rudders. Tillers had no up bend. Jib ran through blocks attached to wire between chain plates, not to front beam. Furler was small not big one (had an early 1980's hobie that had the fatter hobie furler). Cast dolphin striker. Sail number 42**** where late 1980's. 5***** plus where early 1990s. Can tell from magazine pictures of boats sail numbers era.  The numbers casting look early 1990s based on what H16 look like.

Thank you very much! Was wondering if I'd ever get a reply..haha

• 2 months later...