Maricat 4.3

Al

We have bought an old 4.3 missing some bits and pieces. Does any body know the correct lengths of rope required for the mainsheet, jib and traveller? Also is there somewhere we can look at a exploded view of the cat to help us with identifying parts so we can buy them on the net?

Thanks.

Thanks,

Eventually got it sorted. Yes we could have used one rope and I wished we had now. We are busy replacing rigging and trying to stop the rotting around the fittings on the spars. We were dismasted with a broken forestay today. Interesting times. I am considdering lowering the mast hound for the stays into some better metal around 70 mills lower. What do you think?

Al

Hi Al, I have also just got a Maricat 4.3 and I have slowly been fixing it up so I can sail easily and hassle free.

I got some good tips by going to Concord Ryde sailing club where they get a good fleet most Saturdays from about 1pm onwards.

You may or may not be in Sydney, I do not know.

I also have now got my boat fully done, recut the main, raked the mast and ordered a new racing jib, replaced most of the ropes and put on a decent 6:1 downhaul.

Good luck

Hey Guys,

The guys at Bris Cat Centre, 07 32714944 who are the manufacturers of mari have all mari parts as well as drawing and diagrams of rigging set up etc. Also here at catsailor mari parts are available. For drawings just drop them a line and they will post to asap.

• 1 month later...

Archived