WANTED Boom : Hobie 18

Junior

I was given a Hobie 18 a couple of weekends ago. Unfortunately it we are missing the boom.

I'm after a cheap complete boom icluding the outhaul, Mainsheet hangers and cleats.

I'm in the southern highlands of NSW. But can easily arrange a pickup anywhere on The South Coast, Sydney or Newcastle/Lake Macqaurie.

Thank You

will

Originally posted by Junior:

I was given a Hobie 18 a couple of weekends ago. Unfortunately it we are missing the boom.

I'm after a cheap complete boom icluding the outhaul, Mainsheet hangers and cleats.

I'm in the southern highlands of NSW. But can easily arrange a pickup anywhere on The South Coast, Sydney or Newcastle/Lake Macqaurie.

Thank You

will

Will, try Kevin Middleton at the Yacht Shop at Illawarra Yacht Clup I'm pretty sure that I saw bits of a H18 there some time ago, he may still have them or something that will do.

Harry

• 8 months later...

We've got the boat sorted now after sourcing all of the parts and getting it all together.

And what a great boat! An absolute breeze to sail, so much space, fast and heaps of fun, especially on the trapeze with a hull up.

we've raced it a couple of times at our club ( http://www.highlandsailing.com.au/) line honours from our first race in very light winds too flying around the course in complete fog and strong winds recently.

any tips for racing would be very welcome

thanks

will

That would be great but the trailer's not registered and we don't have any third party racing insurance at the moment. I have actually been to that regatta as crew on a 5.8 last year. It was agreat regatta and learnt alot from it.

thanks for the invite though

will

Archived