Emmessee

• 4 weeks later...

Not as yet as I have not taken delivery, but when I am at a regatta with some scales I would like to.

Rosco said that is is coming in around the 120kg mark, remembering that includes storage boxes in the hulls and ready to put a forward tramp on if you want that.

The jib and main are 17.5 square metres, it is 4.56m long and 2.44 wide.

The sail is a square top and it is a fully furling jib. There also is no dolphin striker (the greenies are happy about that).

It can hold 4 adults but is usually raced one up with trapize. It also has the ability to carry the 14 Square kite kit.

Basically it is a slightly smaller 5.0, but one up considerably faster.

Matt

[This message has been edited by Emmessee (edited 27 April 2006).]

• 2 weeks later...

She has arrived. I am getting the blue slip for the trailer at the moment and hope to have it registered by the weekend when I will hit Balmoral for a bit of a blast.

I must say, Brisbane Catamaran Centre did a wonderful job. Well done fellas. The boat is immaculate in presentation and all the gear is top quality and ready to go.

I will try and get a few pics for you and let you know how I go.

Matt

Howdy everyone.

I took the 4.5 for it's first run yesterday out from Balmoral Beach (there were no bikies shooting themselves) and had a ball.

There was not too much wind, but it was good to be back on a Nacra. There were no teething problems either. All was great except for the heavy tiller. I thought that one must not have been down enough as in the small gust I got it was very heavy, but I think some adjustment is needed.

There was a H16 out and I easily outpaced them. I think they had not sailed much before so I am not sure if this is a true indication of the speed of the little 4.5, but I was impressed.

Matt

Gees, I missed you by a day. I was at Balmoral yesterday, (Sunday) for a MD picnic.

I had a look at the setup with a view to putting the 430/F14 through it's paces there next week. What's the drill on parking? $12 is a bit rich! I guess you unhook the trailer at the white gate, push it to a rigging spot on the grass and take the car to a parking space. How many boats do they get on the rigging area? Looks like a great place to sail.

On a race day from Balmoral they can hae 50 or more boats there, but that is not too often.

I just pull up and push the trailer onto the grass and park as close as possible. And $12 bucks is cheap for such a sensational venue where you can take the family as I did on Saturday and they don't get bored.

Matt

Hi Matt,

There are two 4.5's sailing at RRSC at Ballina. There's a new one like yours skippered by Jacki Heap and an older one skippered by Richard Rays. I was interested in your thoughts about the new style mainsails. It seems that the older 4.5 is better in (lighter winds? In comparison, the newer sail seems to have less shape through having half the number of battens.

Steve

Why not drop down to Woollahra and join the catamaran division for there winter series.

Plenty of FREE parking for car and trailer, big fleet of 49ers, B14s and lasers, Hot showers, canteen, sausage sizzle

after racing along with a presentation for the days racing (bottles of wine)

Last Saturday we had

2 x Tornado

2 x F18 (Capricorn + Tiger)

4 A Class

This week we expect another A Class and F18 Capricorn.

The following week we are hoping on getting 7 F18s down there.

[This message has been edited by tornado (edited 16 May 2006).]

Archived