nationals information

richard campbell

I can't comment on the Maricat nationals.I know there on at the same time and venue but I can't see the nacra's and maricats being on the same course , in the nacras(thats who's forum you've hijacked) we have a wide range of courses ranging from olympic triangles to windward /leeward coarses ,depends on the conditions and what the race committee throw at us..and the only spin fleet in the nacra's is the f18's....

Originally posted by richard campbell:

not hijacking just letting the people know whats in the wind and who's to say that they won't give us JUST windward/leeward???

thanks richard

I' didn't mean it to sound like that but I hope for the sake of the nacras and the maricats they lay 2 coarses,I'm not too kneen on sailing round and dodging a fleet of maricats at the top mark,and i'm sure you guys don't want a squadron of f18's or 5.8 flying through your fleet.It's hard enough dodging the other nacra's on the same coarse than haveing to worry about running over some poor dude on a 4.3.....

I suggest the maricat assoc contact rq and discuss the courses you would like, and also discuss this with the nacra ssoc. That way every one will get what they want. Personally i love reaches and enjoy the speed but sailing on a cat rig nacra the racing is better on a up/down as there are more passing oppurtunities. Thats just my opinion.

Hi,the spinnaker boats will do windward /leeward courses.

The other classes will do a mixture of both this and reaches as per the Nacra number system.

This has been done for many,years .

Dont worry the courses and marks will be set to make sure that very little if any overlapping will happen at all.

At most nationals in the Nacras we have never had a problem and i am sure this year will be the same.

Archived