Nacra wanted

hzeeman

Hi Hzeeman,

These 1550+ boats are hard to come by so the next one which comes up you need to act quick. Contact Warren or Rosco @ Brisbane Cat Centre and see what stock they have up there, also check this forum and the Trading Post.

I hope you can find one before the next round of the Super Series @ Mannering Park.

ATM I know of no 1550+ boats for sale in N.S.W.

Regards Graceland.

Hi Hzeeman

there are basically less than 100 1550+ boats, a good portion have been shipped overseas (singapore and tasmania). Those of us who have them are the people who cant be hassled with the weight/expense/time consuming f-18's, too big for a 4.9 and dont want to sail solo with an a-class. so there isnt a major incentive to sell them.

the last person who placed an add here wanted to buy nacra 5.8 1550+ was rev. we talked about the value of a new 5.8 vs the cost of a second hand one that would need new sails anyway. the cost was so close that he brought a new one.

you should investigate a new 5.8 you might be surprised.

I think the resurgence of the 5.8 is a brilliant thing. This is coming from one of the original sailors on the 5.8's. I cam third in the first year they were sailed in the State Travellers Series and won on handicap and loved my time racing them greatly, mainly with my dad as crew and he had no idea about anything.

I colour coded all the ropes so I just said "pull the green rope on, let the red rope off a tad".

I owned three 5.8's all up. 628 which is still running around, 1205 and another in the 600's that I can't remember the exact number of.

When I have offspring that are willing to sail with me, I will race the 5.8 again as I think it is a great 2 man boat without all the hassles of the F18 which is heavy and very very agressivly sailed in races.

Do we know how much a brand new 5.8 is these days?

My little 4.5 is keeping me more than happy at the moment.

Matt

I have looked into a New Nacra and both the budget and the wife would stop this happening. I am stuck without a boat now because the mongrel owner of 1524 got into a bidding war and never gave me the opportunity to up my bid this week and I sold my stingrays last week. Yeh, I know, shit happens .

I am semi interested in No.1333( my Nacra 5.8 mates tell me it is too old) and I reckon he is asking way to much for it

No 5.8 is really to old as they all are reasonable competitive.

If you have all good gear on it and sail it well, an earlier boat will be able to match it with the later boats as long as the wind is over about 12-15 knots. In the light stuff is usually where you get hit more.

I am a heavy bastard so I don't get any favours in any light winds at the best of time, but all 5.8's are great.

we purchased 1559 for $8500 "loose" a very good boat in top condition with two sets of sails (one set near new). i would have bought her for myself if she had of been for sale when i was looking for one. old owner did give us a very good deal hopfuly he will come up and have a race on her again sometime. the other 5.8's that i have purchased i have done so by putting a wanted ad in the trading post. i myself am still after and old 600 number boat to just leave at windamere for club racing. also if it helps you we purchased 1491 with no trailer for 4k back about 4 years ago. i'm not sure that the bloke who bought 1527 might want to sell her again. email me hank and i will send you an email address of tim off 2up and he would be able to tell you martinhbds@bigpond.com

Nacra 5.8 Sail no 1333 is a good boat. I recently competed in the SE Qld State titles and achieved the following results;

Race 1 DNS, Race 2 DNS, Race 3 3rd, Race 4 3rd, Race 5 3rd, Race 6 3rd. Placing 3rd across the finish line in the last four races beating other 5.8 narcas including sail numbers 1600 and 1557.

Archived