Nationals 2008

Emmessee

Hi there guys.

I hear that the Nationals for 2008 will be held at Port Stephens next year. Brilliant. One of the best places to sail on the east coast.

The one thing I do not like and this is only my opinion is that they start pre 2008. That is December 29. I do not know about many of you, but I am never able to anything before Jan 1 as I have family and work committments. I never understand why governing bodies choose to always start before NYE.

Is there a reason for this that I am totally unaware of (I am not always the sharpest tool in the shed) or is it just tradition.

What is wrong with a January 2 kick off???

Just my little input.

I will do my best to be their either way, but I will miss the 31st day of sailing.

Good point Matt. What does everyone else think (and BCC)? Apparently I am on the National Association Committee as the new National Titles Co-ordinator. I didn't get to the titles this year as I tore the AC ligament in my left shoulder on a drunken World Wrestling Federation bout with a mate on Boxing Day!

I am happy to change the dates a bit in order to have more sailers as long as it suits the majority and the National Committee.

I have sailed both Tornado and Taipan / Capricorn Nationals there and highly recomend the venue. Port Stephens is a very beatiful however don't just go and sail then leave....... Take a few days off to check the place out including some of the beaches on the coast. If you have a 4x4 take a run down Stockton Beach.

Also go for a walk out to and around the Island I believe is called The Spit??????? just south of Fignal Bay.

I agree. I have sailed there many times and love the place. Always a good breeze.

I just can't understand why it can't be sailed from Saturday the 5th and not over NYE all the time.

The hotel behind the club is ok and there are camping facilities all around the place which is great as well. You can rent houses there for a decent rate too where some of them you can get three couples at least in.

I sailed the Nacra Nats there a few years back and we had a place that had 5 double bedrooms. Hung over for every day though!!!

O I C.

Well, I am sure you will make a great Nationals in NSW wherever you may be.

I am in Port Macquarie at the moment and there is a couple of great places here to sail. The Maricats had their nats here last year I beleive.

Not sailing at the moment with a torn calf and buggered back.

Archived