5.0 nationals 2009

tackless

Is there any interest from Nacra 5.0 sailors to form a fleet at the next nationals in W.A Our fleet numbers have not been that impressive of late and this is a great boat to let fade away from the racing scene. I would travel to W.A ( boat in container of course) if we could put a fleet together. Any interest or thoughts !!!

Cleveland sailing club. We have several 5.0's, 5.8's, 16 squares and hobie 16's. Great fun club to sail at without getting to serious. We welcome all sailors and of any ability. I'm very keen to help rebuild the 5.0 fleet (as well as our club numbers)so we can compete regularly at nationals.

Hey guys

I got a telephone call from Ross Margetts this morning informing me he is back from his self imposed exile and is going to WA. I am almost definite to go over (will have to see what Mick is doing). If Goose is watching will you drop me a line (or give me a ring) because the missus is keen to arrange accommodation and flights now (and therefore so am I).

What about them Neeskins? Write and let us know.

Love always

Bucko

Tackless

Mick and I sail a 5.0 (with spin) at SYC. We sailed the Peel Island Marathon last year (boat named Rhumb Chums). I remember some dudes coming up to us and talking 5.0s, maybe you were one of them?

Anyhoo, I will drop you an email. I will also ask Graham Hiles (who promotes the Multihulls at SYC) to put you on the SYC email list if you like.

Good onya

Bucko

So far it appears Steve (2203) and myself (2106) would be definite starters if we can muster at least 4 more. Interceptor are u interested in the nationals? Thankyou to the NSW Nacra's for the invitation to the States. Are there any 5.0's racing in NSW and if so how can we contact them. Finally could someone please pass my email onto the Neesken Duo in Hervay Bay (spelling maybe wrong)(cjmk1@bigpond.com) as I know their keen 5.0 sailors and let them know we are trying to gather support for W.A Nationals.

Tackless

Yes I am interested in going to the Nationals. The sail # for Rhumb Chums is 2206. There is another fellow at SYC who I think might be mad enough to come over (Scott & Tom Jones on Black Dog - can't remember the sail #). There are two other regulars (5.0s) sailing with us at SYC who are reasonably competative and I will nag them to come along this weekend.

I think that the Inner Circle Rum Regatta is on the same weekend as the NSW States so I will be heading North that weekend. I expect Steve and Scott may come with us (they came up for the states) and the Neeskins will definitely be there. You should come for the drive, Tackless.

For the 5.8 dudes, I spoke to Morrie on the Rogue Efluent and he indicated a preference for Bundaberg.

Love and kisses

Bucko

Hi Guys you will need top book your spots on container soon.

Had a few more people.

We can only do 20 at the max 18 is allot easier.

So contact Warren or Michael Guinea to pay your deposit,

Ross has said that he will sail a 5.0 if need be to make numbers up so that is another one,so i would say you will get a class.

Full details of WA Nationals just posted on Goosemarine.com.au until we can have them migrated across to the Nacra.com.au WA page in a couple of days.

Numbers already looking good, for what will be a great social event, so Dont come alone this year, Bring the misses, kids etc.

If you are doing it by road then bring another boat on top.

30th year, It all started in WA so lets make this one a big one.

Something different will be the yardstick event on the 2nd of January to resolve it once and for all, which class is the fastest. Many prizes to be won.

To be run close to the beach, for maximum spectator and media value.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I applied for leave and was rejected. Quite disheartened. Unfortunately the Xmas period is very busy in our industry and they only grant leave to about 7 percent of the employees. Max and I were very keen and hopefully we can make the 2010 Nationals. Good luck to all those competing.

Archived