Nacra 5.8

Interceptor

Speaking of 5.8's in the trading post...

Nacra 5.8 Sail number 1574 : WB2703239710

Nacra 5.8 Sail number 1574 Excellent Condition and Meticulously maintained, full sail inventory, list of extras sail #1574, EC $8500 (0410)335823 Petrie

STATE: QLD FIRST PUBLISHED: 2 Mar 2008

SOURCE: Private Classifieds (Personal Trading Post)

only thing is, this isn't Jack... so there are two 5.8's running around with the same sail no. I know Jack has 1574 stamped on the hull, but this guy is adamant his boat is 1574.

Yeh saw that as well and thought you must have sold her and she had a new home in Brisbane,the boat advertised is only 10 mins from where I live ,I should check it out.there is one which lives out that way that sails out at the lake , sail #157? ,maybe he's made a mistake.

Last I saw the old hulls were out the back of Bris Cat Center ,I greatly doubt Ross would ever sell or auction them as they were faulty from the factory and replaced under waranty ,last thing he would want would be a dodgy nacra getting around...

jay

Originally posted by HooD:

Speaking of 5.8's in the trading post...

Nacra 5.8 Sail number 1574 : WB2703239710

Nacra 5.8 Sail number 1574 Excellent Condition and Meticulously maintained, full sail inventory, list of extras sail #1574, EC $8500 (0410)335823 Petrie

STATE: QLD FIRST PUBLISHED: 2 Mar 2008

SOURCE: Private Classifieds (Personal Trading Post)

only thing is, this isn't Jack... so there are two 5.8's running around with the same sail no. I know Jack has 1574 stamped on the hull, but this guy is adamant his boat is 1574.

Did you get the guys name????

Dear conspiracty therorists

You can all take it down a thousand. There was a misprint in the advertisement. The sail number is 1571.

I heard that the boat was actually built by Hobie, and that its gel coat contains high explosive and multi coloured ink. The window in the sail contains a microchip which counts all the other Nacras on the start line. Apparently when it is raced against twenty other 5.8s the microchip will detonate the explosive, causing the mutlicoloured ink to fire out in all directions. The ink is specially made to bond with dacron, and the result is that by the top mark all the boats will have multi coloured sails and will resemble a hobie fleet.

Love always

Bucko

Dearest Gregory

It fills my heart with glee to read your lines and know that your thoughts are with me.

Unfortunately my earstwhile (Rhumb) chum (Mick) is obliged to drive his beloved to the airport on Saturday, she is flying home (Isle of White) to see her family. This leaves me crewless.

But all of the blame cannot fall upon Micheal. My AIDS has flared up real bad and I am bed ridden.

Actually that is a lie, but I have a very serious trial starting Monday (Dangerous Driving Causing Death) which will draw media coverage from the outset. Sadly I need to be in the peak of health (to deal with the client and his family and the media).

Whenever I go to your sailing club I get liver poisoning and take about three days to recover (must be the salad rolls!).

I will be there in spirit. If you hear a russle of leaves and then feel a sharp pain in your lower intestine, that is me.

Forever yours

Bucko

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes he has, thanks for asking.

I bought the 5.8 (1571)and we are learning how to get it around the course now. The multicoloured ink bomb has not gone off to date but the boat has this really bad habit of wanting to sail with the mast in the water? I keep telling the crew that it is most likely the boat will go faster, more consistantly if the sail is in the air catching the wind, but.....

Sarg

Archived