2008 NSW Nacra State Titles - PLEASE READ AND CIRCULATE

dryzabone 644

Hi All,

As mentioned in other posts, the NSW Nacra State Titles for 2008/09 will be held as part of the 2008 Kembla Klassic Regatta on the 28/29th November 2008.

I would appreciate it if you are considering entering, then please email me at uhmbnacra@optusnet.com.au so I can advise PKSC of potential fleet numbers.

The Kembla Klassic is based out of the Port Kembla Sailing Club on Lake Illawarra, 10 minutes South of Wollongong NSW.

Some important scheduling stuff (race times are approximate):

Briefing 0930 Sat 29 Nov 2008

Race 1 1100 Sat 29 Nov

Race 2 1400 Sat 29 Nov

Race 3 1530 Sat 29 Nov (back to back with Race 2)

Race 4 1000 Sun 30 Nov

Race 5 1300 Sun 30 Nov

Camping will be available at the clubhouse, and I am looking into accommodation in the area.

I will also post details for the Notice Of Race and Entry Form. Race Fees are $50/regatta for Seniors, $25/regatta for Juniors.

Google Maps Link:

http://maps.googl e.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=port+kembla+sailing+club,+berkeley&ie=UTF8&ll=-34.483708,150.854731&spn=0.016255,0.02605&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Regards,

Mitch

Secretary,

NSW Nacra Association

uhmbnacra@optusnet.com.au

[This message has been edited by dryzabone 644 (edited 28 October 2008).]

For those wishing to camp at the clubhouse, please advise me at uhmbnacra@optusnet.com.au so I can keep PKSC up to date with our numbers.

The clubhouse and toilets will be open on Friday and Saturday nights for those wishing to camp.

Space is limited, so please keep your camping setup fairly compact, ie do not bring marquees/Taj Mahals to camp in and expect there to be room for you.

• 2 weeks later...

So a new 16 square? Mate I will be having trouble even getting out on trap. I am hoping for drifters every day. Have you seen me walk. My knees just keep getting worse. I am not makeing excuses because with my weight I reckon the trap won't be needed and I will still flog the lot of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Mitch,

I will be there.

Nacra 5.8 1648 Arkinelle

Keith & Barb

See you Friday evening

RdgsKeith

ck

Originally posted by dryzabone 644:

Hi All,

As mentioned in other posts, the NSW Nacra State Titles for 2008/09 will be held as part of the 2008 Kembla Klassic Regatta on the 28/29th November 2008.

I would appreciate it if you are considering entering, then please email me at uhmbnacra@optusnet.com.au so I can advise PKSC of potential fleet numbers.

The Kembla Klassic is based out of the Port Kembla Sailing Club on Lake Illawarra, 10 minutes South of Wollongong NSW.

Some important scheduling stuff (race times are approximate):

Briefing 0930 Sat 29 Nov 2008

Race 1 1100 Sat 29 Nov

Race 2 1400 Sat 29 Nov

Race 3 1530 Sat 29 Nov (back to back with Race 2)

Race 4 1000 Sun 30 Nov

Race 5 1300 Sun 30 Nov

Camping will be available at the clubhouse, and I am looking into accommodation in the area.

I will also post details for the Notice Of Race and Entry Form. Race Fees are $50/regatta for Seniors, $25/regatta for Juniors.

Google Maps Link:

http://maps.googl e.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=port+kembla+sailing+club,+berkeley&ie=UTF8&ll=-34.483708,150.854731&spn=0.016255,0.02605&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Regards,

Mitch

Secretary,

NSW Nacra Association

uhmbnacra@optusnet.com.au

Hi All,

The forecast for the weekend is for 20/30kts, and I have been questioned when a call may be made re: cancelling due to weather.

The states are to be run as part of the regatta, and as such, decisions on whether to hold races within the regatta reside with the PKSC race committee.

Therefore, DO NOT ASSUME that a race or races will be cancelled due to the forecast. The PKSC seem quite professional in their approach and I am confident that a common sense approach will be taken.

If in doubt, bring a pack of cards and wait it out with the rest of us.

Mitch

Archived