Nacra South East QLD Championships

surf city

• 2 weeks later...

Notice of race is now available on The Southport Yacht Club website below http://www2.southportyachtclub.com.au:81/Sailing/09-10/10%20Cat%20Week%20NOR.pdf

please note there is an amendment to the notice of race (schedule of events) on the website below http://www2.southportyachtclub.com.au:81/Sailing/2010/CAT%20WEEK%20amendment%20to%20NOR.pdf

Any queries in regards to this change contact Kerry Noyes 0419 660 667

This post is not a bogus attempt by me to make the folder burst into flame and thereby tempt people to look at the topic and (hopefully) garner support for this magnificent event.

This one is a legitimate post and not a bogus attempt by me to make the folder burst into flame and thereby tempt people to look at the topic and (hopefully) garner support for this magnificent event.

Bucko

This post is not a bogus attempt by me to make the folder burst into flame and thereby tempt people to look at the topic and (hopefully) garner support for this magnificent event.

This post asks every Nacra sailor in Australia to pose yourselves the question:

"Are you man enough to sail at the Nacra SEQ Titles?"

Wozza: "Are you man enough to sail at the Nacra SEQ Titles?"

Doggie: "Are you man enough to sail at the Nacra SEQ Titles?"

Whalley Jnr: "Are you man enough to sail at the Nacra SEQ Titles?"

Whalley Snr: "Are you man enough to sail at the Nacra SEQ Titles?"

Matt: "Are you man enough to sail at the Nacra SEQ Titles?"

Scott: "Are you man enough to sail at the Nacra SEQ Titles?"

Leon: "Are you man enough to sail at the Nacra SEQ Titles?"

Corey: "Are you man enough to sail at the Nacra SEQ Titles?"

I am not going to pose the question to Morrie.

Bucko

Thanks Surf ... I'm in Brisvegas. Only had the 5.0 a month or so, and getting back into sailing & racing after a 10 year break. I joined a non YA affiliated club for family sailing, and was intent on joining another club for racing. I'd heard that Southport was the place to be with a 5.0, so will probably become a fixture down there. However, I didn't think that I would have enough time to go down for a looksee, and join the SYC (including finding a Proposer) in the next week and half.

Question for the SYC sailors ... is there any racing (or social sailing) scheduled for the beach cats at SYC this weekend?

[This message has been edited by Humdinger (edited 22 January 2010).]

Scotty

If I had one wish it would be that the club would "wise up" and send us out through the Seaway.

Guy tells me that the winds of change might be blowing on that one.

I am going to break all the rules and sail out with the fleet in the "Burleigh Bash" and see if I can get some other renegades to come for the ride. This may prove to the club that it is feasible.

When that happens you may feel more inclined to come and join us.

I am going to the Rum Regatta and dragging some others from SYC as a way of enticing some of those guys to come down here either for Cat Week or the Bridge to No Bridge (October).

Can you give us dates for the regattas you have at Humpybong and I will see if I can get a possie to come up and get thrashed by you.

Bucko

I don't know what to say Bucko thats the most sensible coherent post you have ever made!! When is the Rum Regatta?

I will be there on the weekend. Looks like we will have some good breeze. I will have a ring in crew, not as good as my Nats winning crew but he goes alright!

Kerry I thought you where trying to get people to attend! Advertising Buckos band as the entainment may not help this.

Me and matt are trying to get there for the weekend. Just had 2 weeks of sailing at cootharaba clocking uo 400 odd kms. Still cant sail tho. A few good crashes under spinnaker.Does anyone have a spare rudder for a 5.0??

Does anyone need a crew for the arvo races through the week day races??

Scotty

If I tell everyone that Leon will be on cowbell will that pull the crowds?

The Rum Regatta is on 20 and 21 March. I have already arranged time off work to go, and potentially have another 16sq from SYC to come along. Maybe we can get everyone else revved up about it if we talk it up over beeries on Saturday night.

See you Saturday

Bucko

Hey Bucko in Leon's post he only requires Cowbell to be Blond and good looking, he never mentioned that female was a requirement (With you guys being based on the Gold Coast I'm sure you could rally up a few buff surfer dudes to entertain him for the night) After being on the front of Scotties boat for the day he will probably not have enough energy left to attend the party anyway.

Archived