2nd hand Nacra's

robwib

Hey all, I'm in the market for a 2nd hand 5.8 (possibly 2) and need any advice on what to look for/look out for when I find one?

In particular we're looking for competitive race ready boats with trailers and rollers.

Would it be better to get an older cat and throw a new tramp and set of sales at it?

Cheers

Rob

Hi all, thanks for your replies!

BTW Sales = Sails

HOOD - Thanks for the link - this is exactly the tech info I needed. Obviously some passionate people in the sport!

YarraBay - I'll give you a call tomorrow. Sounds like you have a great boat for sale.

Humdinger - #1339 sounds ok - what does it mean "current spec (bridle foil)"??

Cruiser - If you could let me know about Alex's cat that'd be great!

Thanks again for your prompt replies.

Rob

Older Nacra 5.8's had traditional bridle wires. Later boats changed to using a Bridle Foil ... a metal beam that replaced the bridle wires. These later boats also have a larger (different) jib.

The #1339 boat has been converted from bridle wires to a bridle foil, and has had the jib replaced, so it carries the same rigging and sails as a new boat.

The contact for this boat is Clifford Heath on 0402990558.

#1339 was sold earlier today. It was a great boat at a great price, and sold within 3 days of going on the market. Sorry.

If you see a boat going for the right price, look at it straight away. It's a sellers market in SE Qld at the moment.

[This message has been edited by Humdinger (edited 21 January 2010).]

Archived