North Sails One Design USA officaly enters F-18 market!!

Guest Chris Batchelor

And what may i ask makes them so amazing???

they look pretty normal to me, and as for North's succesful Tornado mains, i have never seen one that was any good.

nice yacht sails though, 3dl is funky stuff, would like to see a f18 main using that technique.....

• 3 months later...

North sails Australia has also been developing sails for the F18 in thier Brisbane loft. Our latest main won the may day regatta at Yeppoon.

To our knowlege 3DL f18 sails are still a long way off being competitive against the paneled versions for a number of reasons.

I think you would find that our tornado sails are on the pace. Maybe you would like to try some Macca.

Rowdy,

I remember Nico had a couple of mains by North when he was sailing T's in 94-96, they were ok but in essence we just a copy of the benchmark Ullman Zuccoli main. I kow North are having a bit of a go with some guys in Europe now but they are still a bit of a way off the range that the zuccoli has. might be better to focus on the F18, there is a lot more room for improvement and development there.

I would be interested to see what North could do with an F18 main, and I know some other lofts are working on a "moulded" sail for the F18 as the rules allow it.

Archived