Storage Problem - and solution

stranded

Heres my problem and solution. I thought it was too good not to share my idea with others.

I had a little problem with storing my 5.0 in my shed. I have already got cars in the other two bays and the last bay is my work area and storage area. Storing it on the trailer took up too much room. Even storing it on beach wheels made it difficult to move sideways to access the lockers or generally difficult in tight areas.

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/richards2335/?action=view¤t=DSCF6086.jpg

The link is a picture (I hope it works) of the garage creepers ($25 each from supercheap)That I use. I originally wanted to make my own, but doing my sums it would have been more.

I can move the boat easily in any direction, which is great as the centre bay is the easiest to load it back on the boat.

Sorry to rave and sorry if this idea has been thought of before. I and those who have already seen it think that it is a great idea for moving a boat around in tight areas.

Sorry to bore others, but what do you think?.

Richard

[This message has been edited by stranded (edited 05 August 2007).]

Storage outside is not an issue I have more than enough space in the yard - it's just that I'd rather keep it undercover which is limited.

I guess the point of the post was that I (and others who have seen it) thought it was a really good idea - one worth sharing. As I'm not a member of a sailing club this is the only method I have to share AND gather ideas for my boat.

I just thought others may find it useful to help moving their boat on flat surfaces.

Richard

Richard,

I think the idea is just brilliant...

Now all i have to do is move the F22 strong-back & materials, get the camping gear into the new camping trailer, put the International 3m tri up into the rafters, rationalise the tools and hey presto...

Seriously tho, a great idea. I'll probably just extend the shed out the back to do all of the above, then i'll have a spot for the 4.5 when i eventually get it.

Regards,

Leigh wink.gif

Leigh,

I've got to admitt - that is the tidy 1/2 of my shed. The other half has a project car and many, many parts. All of which has to make way (apparently) for the caravan we just bought.

Now, does any one know how to suppend a boat from the roof??????

seriously, I love my boat more than the car so the car goes outside untill I decided to get rid of it.

Richard

PS thanks hood for posting my pic.

[This message has been edited by stranded (edited 06 August 2007).]

Archived