What to wear

knobblyoldjimbo

Jim,

If you were lucky enough to live in S.E.Q. it would be a pair of springsuit shorts, a rashy, PFD & Trap harness 9 months of the year... wink.gif

But since you don't... the spring suit is the way to go.

Shop around tho, the price variation is huge. Some will custom make over the net...

I got (2), a long leg (singlet top) and a short leg (singlet top) spring suits custom made as a package deal for about $300.00 from a place called "Rubber Jungle" on the Gold Coast.

(And for the guys that know me... no i don't wear them out at night, they clash with my assless leather chaps.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leroy wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Leapin Leroy (edited 16 October 2007).]

Jimbo,

You may still need something to keep the chest warm... Nothing worse than shivering your way around the course.

I found that my old army (cadet) pure wool jumper is perfect for the cooler/windier days. (It is a bit of a stretch over my expanding "muffin top"... if you watch 'Kath & Kim', you'll get that one wink.gif).

Try to get one from an army disposals, preferably 2nd hand as it will have already been washed and therefore shrunk! Rinse only in cold water... Mine's over 30 y.o. and still going strong! Put it over the top of your PFD as this will help trap a layer of air warmed by your body... you'd be surprised at the difference that this can make!

You can soak it and it's still neutral bouyancy in the water, adds an edge on those windy up-wind legs, and last but not least, will still keep you warm even when wet.

Again, hope this helps...

Regards,

Leroy wink.gif

Edited for smellin pishtakes.

[This message has been edited by Leapin Leroy (edited 16 October 2007).]

• 5 weeks later...

Archived