Jump to content

rudder tie down systems


Recommended Posts


On Paper Tigers the latest & greatest systems include a 'pull-down rope', which typically runs through a pulley between the top pintle & the deck, then goes to a cam-cleat. The fixed end of this is attached to something elastic, such as a large rubber O-ring, or a double-loop of ocky-strap type elastic.

When the pull-down rope is released, the blade is flipped up by a bit of thick elastic which attached to the rear-top of the blade and somewhere on the rudder stock.

The system is jelly-fish proof and allows people to flip up a blade without having to lean over the back of the boat.

It seems everyone has their own variation, including some that run the pull-down rope through the hulls to the front beam, or at he most simply has thick elastic straight from the blade to a cleat on top of the rudder stock.

Please provide email address if you want me to send photos tonyquoll@yahoo.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...