Windrush 14 For Sale

mferguson

Well the time has come to put my pride and joy on the market. I have decided to upgrade my W14 Sloop to something new and faster.

My W14 would be 10+ years old, in good condition, two sets of sails, recently restitched trampoline, new shrouds, deep rudders basically ready to sail. There is a catch, I don't want to sell my trailer as I want it for my new CAT. Looking for around $1200.00 Located in Melbourne. Call on 0409883338 if you are interested or want more information.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a good reason why I am not asking a lot of money for this boat. I recognise that it is getting a little old but it is in very good condition. I raced it on Saturday in about 20kts and it went well.

I don't know if there is a bulkhead under the front beam. Unlike later Windrush's this one doesn't have a front inspection hatch.

But it is very cheap for someone wanting to learn to sail catamarans and I am negotiable.

More just about clarifying the actual age of the boat, because people like Sando that race are always on the look out for top notch race boats. And if its at a bargin price then, its worth the effort.

Considering it doesn't have a front hatch and has dacrons, I'd age it close to late 70's early 80's prior to the bulkhead mk2's. Just my thoughts sight unseen.

The mk1's had no bulkheads and only 1 inspection hatch in the rear (sometimes no inspection hatches at all). The bulkheads had 2 (1 behind the rear beam, 1 behind the front). The foam sandwich boats of the latest gen, can have a combo of either 0,1,2 sets of hatches. Also from the early bulkheads on they added hull numbers stamped into the rear beam casting.

Thanks for the clarification. The boat has one set of inspection openings behind the rear beam. I would say that you were about right with its age. The hulls are in pretty reasonable condition and the sails are clean and in reasonable shape. It would be a good boat for someone wanting to learn to sail cats that doesn't want to spend much money. I certainly have a lot of fun on it.

• 2 weeks later...

The Windrush is still available. Am looking for around $800 inc two sets of sails. Trampoline has just been restitched, both sides stays just replaced with new poly covered wires and jib sheet just replaced. I'll throw in some lifejackets and a trapeze harness. Boat is in reasonable condition. Good boat for someone starting out that wants to learn to sail or someone who just wants a good off the beach muck around cat. 040988338

• 3 weeks later...

Archived