Maricatters Wanted Sydney southside

shy thunder

Currently Kurnell has three Cat rigged maricat 4.3s sailing on sundays, one is Prima Facie (national Champ) who also sails saturdays at Port Kembla.

Fair winds with some tide and a large expanse of water, launching off a sandy beach, club with large hot showers ,canteen etc and a good friendly bunch of sailors willing to welcome all who attend....

Are there any others willing to give wayne a run for his money on sundays in the new season and scare the nacra 14 squares in the process as we pass them?

Racing starts 1pm sundays in september for the new 04/05 season, unless the club changes the race calender.

Anyone interested in lobbing?

cheers

d

I don't think the Capricorn will scare the $h!t out off Macca the mad man......

Hey Macca.... Too scared to jump back on the T. Competition will be hot next season with David Hart, Brent returning to sail with me and Stoney improving. Come on I dare you....

When are you expecting your Capricorn???

I will come and play too Macca, but I can't use my coloured sails as you have my jib. You still haven't paid me for the recut on the main either ya wally.

I will also jump on the Capricorn with you and scare the T boys.

Has the Capricorn got a storage locker for a few cans?

It would be nice to get a few more Maricats sailing out of the northside too.

Macca and I have a great time at Balmoral Beach on a Sunday when there are no monohulls getting in the way.

Balmoral Sailing Club only races on a Saturday, so the site is free for a blast on the Sunday.

Racing out of there in that section of Middle Harbour would be magnificent, and then up to the Beuna Vista for a few cans.

I reckon Balmoral on Sundays would be a ripper, Sailing on that end of the Harbour is unreal too. There is plenty of grass beach area, the only problem is the cost of parking, but in reality the quality of the sailing more than makes up for it. The other advantage in sailing on Sundays would be not to effect the Concord club.

You can park outside the designated parking area and it is free, and only a two minute walk back to the club.

There is enough room for trailer and as Macca said, a huge area to rig. They can get upto 100 monohulls there.

It is a pretty good clubhouse too.

The club is not open Sundays for general racing, but it does for regattas and special events.

If we get enough interest, I am sure that we would be able to approach them about Sunday catamaran racing and they would be more than happy to listen.

As it is, Macca and I just go down there for a blast, and there is often other guys with cats down there doing the exact same thing.

Sounds really good and I'd definitely be interested in doing it. It could mean increased revenue for them and if they are like most sailing clubs these days they need as many members as they can get.

I've seen T's launch from the little park at the spit, right on the corner of Parrawee Rd and Spit Rd though I think there's plenty of room at Balmoral except some of the access roads are a bit narrow and steep in places.

I'm in.

Bern

There is more than enough room.

When I was racing 18's years ago and there was the split in the class, Grand Prix Sailing used to use the park quite a bit and there was more than enough room for 20 18 footers with the wings set up making them 20 foot wide.

You have to navigate your way out through the boats, but that is easy as none of them are too close together.

I have been using the area for about 25 years and never hit another boat.

Archived