Great to see so Many posts from the maricats

Maybe someone needs to be reminded that you don't have to spend $20000.00 to have a cat give you a good time.....

And what a great boat that has lasted for so long and are still competitive, I bet that doesn't happen with nacras? when thay are 20 plus years old....

cheers d

Originally posted by macca:

$2000!! shit, you would get a near new condition one for that much.

I set a limit of $800 and easily managed to find a great machine.

COUNT THE ZEROES, THAT IS WHERE THESE FORMULA18 THINGS COME FROM...

BUT THE MIGHTY MARI IS NOW SOMEWHERE NEAR THE $8500 NEW ON TRAILER ETC UNLESS YOU ARE LUCKY TO BE IN THE RIGHT SPOT @ THE RIGHT TIME LIKE LINDA WAS....

OR A REALLY GOOD BOAT FOR 600 TO 1200 DOLLA..

CHEERS D

I remember seeing a near new Mari when I was at the states, looked really good, but it was an old boat that was stored for a long time if i have the story correct.

The F18's new, on trailer with sails etc are about $26000, not cheap I know but there is a lot of boat in there, and when you consider that I paid $12000 for a Taipan 4.9 new in 1994 and that same boat is now for sale ten years later for $13000 because the new 4.9's are around the $18000 mark it all makes sense. I dont think I will loose too much money on the Capricorn over the ownership period. (unless I smash it up too much...)

Archived