Insurance

Guest Benny and jenny

Guest Benny and jenny

g'day.

this is my second season with Jenny (her name)

and its time to get some insurance, who do you recomend and how muxh is reasonable for an old maricat.

thanks

another that may be worth a look is TUDOR INSURANCE 03 9707 3033 i have my nacra with them and they but my mari on the same policy. the nacra is insured for 4.5k and the mari for $150 but they both have public liability (which is the main thing i was looking for, i can aford to replace someones boat but i carn't aford to replace someone) it costs me $225-50 per year.

I think I might give Bush Pigs insurer a ring,sounds like a good deal.

I am currently insured with QBE(marine division)for $1500(Mari 4.3) and they charge me $193.50 per annum.Limited Liability is only $5000000 which sounds a bit outdated,I thought $10,000,000 was the go thesedays.

Guest benny and jenny

thanks

they told me itll be about $158 for insurance.

would you know what age the boat would be i know i have the older hull type with the travel thingy not at 45 degrees

MAKE SURE IF YOU ARE RACING THAT THEY ARE COVERING YOU TOO.

$90.00 SEEMS CHEAP WITH RACING COVER?

i HAVE MINE INSURED FOR OVER $2000 WITH CGU WITH RACING COVER FOR aPPROX.$165 PER YEAR

SEEMS TO BE ABOUT THE AVERAGE WITH RACING COVER

WILL CHECK OUT WHITWORTHS NOW YOU HAVE SAID THEIR PRICE SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE?

CHEERS D

• 1 month later...

Just insured my Maricat 4.3 for $3500 agreed value with Tudor for $195. Thanks to this forum for the tip. Tudor were the only company that knew boats... to use a cliche. I wanted to insure for less, but for the same price they increased the value to ensure that I could replace any damaged parts with new parts if required. Great Service.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just got quotes based on $2500 insured value and CGU is the cheapest premium with the lowest excess and they let you pay monthly at no extra cost. Hard to beat really

Tudor $195 Std excess $100, racing excess $500 , Whitworths $164 $100 excess , CGU $149 $50 excess , all policies quoted with 10 mio Public liability

Archived